Integer congue malesuada eros congue varius. Sed malesuada dolor eget velit pretium. Etiam porttitor finibus. Nam suscipit vel ligula at dharetra
On June 11, 2012, the Canadian Parliament introduced legislation on the implementation of trade, environmental and labour agreements as Bill C-24.  The Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement is a free trade agreement between Canada and Panama that entered into force on April 1, 2013. The agreement was reached on August 11, 2009 by Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Panamanian President Ricardo Martinelli, and signed on May 14, 2010 by the trade ministers of both countries.  The agreement was approved by the parliaments of both countries until December 2012, allowing it to enter into force.  The agreement eliminates Panamanian tariffs on 90% of products from Canada. The remaining 10% will expire in the next ten years. Canada will dispose of 99% of its tariffs on goods from Panama. Canada will maintain tariffs on certain imports of sugar, poultry, eggs and dairy products.  Panama will end its ban on beef from Canada, launched following the discovery of mad cow disease in Canada in 2003.  International Investment Agreements (IIAs) are divided into two types: (1) bilateral investment agreements and (2) contracts with investment rules. A bilateral investment agreement (BIT) is an agreement between two countries on the promotion and protection of investments made by investors of the countries concerned in the territory of the other country.
The vast majority of AIIs are BITs. The category of contracts with investment rules (TIPs) includes different types of investment agreements that are not NTBs. Three main types of PNT can be distinguished: 1. global economic contracts, which contain obligations usually found in THE ILO (e.g. B a free trade agreement with an investment chapter); 2. contracts with limited provisions related to investment (e.g. only those relating to investment or the free transfer of investment funds); and (3) contracts that contain only „framework clauses“, such as. B those relating to cooperation in the field of investment and/or a mandate for future negotiations on investment issues.
In addition to AIIs, there is also an open category of investment-related instruments (IRIs). It includes several binding and non-binding instruments, such as model agreements and drafts, multilateral conventions on dispute settlement and arbitration rules, documents adopted by international organizations and others. If you have any questions or comments about this free trade agreement or the environmental and labour cooperation agreements, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact Global Affairs Canada at: IIA Mapping Project The IIA Mapping Project is a cooperative initiative between UNCTAD and universities around the world to map the content of IIAs. The resulting database serves as a tool to understand trends in the development of the IIA, assess the prevalence of different policy approaches and identify examples of contracts. The „Mapping of IIA Content“ allows you to browse the results of previous projects (the page will be updated regularly when the new results are updated). Please cite as: UNCTAD, Mapping of IIA Content, available under investmentpolicy.unctad.org/international-investment-agreements/iia-mapping For more information: Mapping Project Page Project Description & Methodology Document The IIA Navigator is constantly adapted following verifications and comments from UN Member States. It is mainly based on information provided by governments on a voluntary basis….
Comments are closed.